THE Journal is dedicated to informing and educating K–12 senior-level district and school administrators, technologists, IT professionals, and tech-savvy educators who serve the nation's public schools, so they may improve and advance the learning process through the use of technology. Launched in 1972, THE Journal was the first magazine to cover “Technological Horizons in Education,” which has since come to be known as "ed tech."
THE Journal is now all-digital and remains the leading K–12 information source — delivering valuable information via daily news updates on THEJournal.com and via newsletters, webinars, and virtual summits focused on ed tech trends and the technologies influencing K–12 education across the United States.
Our readers have access to valuable actionable advice, best practices, industry trends, expert viewpoints, and insightful guides to help administrators, instructional technologists, IT professionals, and educators plan, develop, and successfully launch effective education and ed tech initiatives. THE Journal's editorial content is produced independently without influence from external organizations or advertisers; any "sponsored content" is prominently labeled as such.
THE Journal’s Full Range of Publications & Products
THE Journal's publications and services consist of the K–12 news website thejournal.com, a range of newsletters (listed below), and targeted list rental opportunities.
- THEJournal.com provides exclusive online content, with industry news, actionable advice, expert viewpoints from K–12 and ed tech professionals, interviews with industry leaders, and insights on impactful trends in K–12 education technology. Searchable, archived content with browse by topic feature puts information you need at your fingertips.
- THE News Update is an e-mail newsletter distributed two times per week covering the latest in education and technology trends, tools, and usage for K–12 instruction and administration. Opinion pieces by leading ed tech experts and visionaries provide insight on a variety of critical issues. News, announcements, and "need-to-know" statistics give readers a quick look at timely news and events affecting the education community. Published Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- THE IT Trends email newsletter provides features, opinions, news and technical information for IT professionals working in K-12. It's published twice monthly. Topics include networking, wireless, servers and virtualization, data security, big data, cloud computing and much more. Published twice per month.
- Remote Learning Environments email newsletter offers news, tips, strategies and insights for K–12 educators and technology professionals supporting distance learning in all its forms. Published once per month.
- STEAM Universe website and email newsletter offers STEM and STEAM education professionals news, features, tips, interviews with thought leaders, expert advice, and more. Each issue highlights the technologies, curriculum tools, trends, and best practices that power education in science, technology, engineering, math and the arts. STEAM Universe also spotlights exceptional projects and programs taking place in schools across the nation. Newsletter published twice per month.
- K–12 Grant Alert email newsletter helps connect educators with the resources they need to get the educational tools for their classrooms, from large-scale state and federal programs to corporate grants, competitions, and sweepstakes specifically for K–12 schools and educators. K–12 Grant Alert is published monthly.
- THE Journal Insider is a monthly email newsletter highlighting the best of our content, selected by the editors for their appeal to readers and for their significance in advancing the mission of education technology in K–12.
- IT Leadership Summits & Webinars are free virtual events supporting IT, cybersecurity, and instructional technology professionals in the K–12 sector as they navigate an ever-changing landscape on always-limited public school budgets. Virtual IT Leadership Summits and webinars are held several times a year.
To subscribe to any of our newsletters, please visit our newsletters page.
Contact THE Journal
For sales and editorial contacts, please visit our contact us page.